Updating SAP HANA Revision (Command Method)
We will explain how to update Version from 2.0 SPS01 to SPS02 of HANA Database.
The management of Version of HANA DB is complicated. Like other SAP products, HANA likewise makes the term harder, making it more distant, maximizing appeal to SAP products.
So, let’s explain about Revision Update of SAP HANA Database and how to update it.
In SAP HANA, there are three major Release Strategies.
- SAP HANA Support Package (SP) Revision
- SAP HANA Maintenance Revision
- SAP HANA Datacenter Service Point
There are two methods for HANA 2.0 Reversion Update.
- Update(hdbupd) using Command
- Update(Web browser) using HANA Platform Lifecycle Management
1. HANA Support Package Revision
HANA SPS is a term often used when creating products in SAP, such as ERP, BW, and similar terms used to apply Support Package. The HANA SPS (Support Package Stack) application is cumulative, which applies to all previous applications. If you apply the latest one, it is said that it applies all the contents of the past.For example, if you update 30 critical updates (KB298566) to update Windows 7, you will be upgraded to include all 30 important updates that were included in Windows 7 Service Pack 1. So if you only have Windows 7 Service Pack 1, you will be updating all of your bugs in one go. This includes Apple’s iPhone iOS 10.3, 11.1, and 11.2.
The equivalent of SPS in HANA DB is Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
HANA SP will be released every 6 months. So it will be released twice a year. It corresponds to HANA SPS10, SPS11, SPS12.
2. SAP HANA Maintenance Revision
HANA Maintenance Revision is a patch to fix bugs in a word. HANS SP102.01 ~ SPS10.02, etc. It corresponds to the decimal point such as .02, .03, .04. For example, Apple’s iOS 10.2.1. 11.3.3 etc.
The last digit of the corresponds to point corresponds to the modified bug.
3. SAP HANA Datacenter Service Point
This is something that is not generally used, but it may be hard to understand. In short, it is the most stable version to use for DB on the production server. Since HANA SPS is released every 6 months, it is the version that is guaranteed to be the most reliable version for use as a database.
In HANA 1.0 SPS10, 102 is the most stable version and it is the most recommended version that the customer uses. In the SPS11, 112 is the best version to use in the operating environment.
So, in this picture, customers using HANA 97 should be able to update directly to 102 instead of updating to version 101 directly.
The HANA Datacenter Service Point will be released three months after the SPS is released. In production environment, it is recommended that HANA Datacenter Service Point be used reliably.
It is recommended to go to HANA DB Version 97 -> 102 -> 112 as shown below.
Of course you can also update Reversion directly from 97 -> 112 or 122.
4. The overall HANA Revision and Maintenance Strategy is described below.
For details, refer to the Note below to see which version you should go to.
SAP Note 1948334 – SAP HANA Database Update Paths for SAP HANA Maintenance Revisions
5. Now let’s explain updating from HANA DB 2.0 SPS01 to SPS02.
The current HANA DB version is 2.00.010. This corresponds to 2.0 SPS01. So it is version of SPS01 in HANA DB 2.0.
6. Always perform a backup before patching the DB. This is a task the DBA should always perform for Oracle, MS SQL Server, and DB2.
7. HANA has completed the data of backup HANA DB.
8.How to back up SAP HANA DB can be easily backed up through HANA Studio.
9. Download the SPS01 file for SAP HANA DB from SAP Market Place.
Extract the files for the downloaded HANA DB Server.
10. If you unzip it, the SAP_HANA_DATABASE folder will be created.
>Run hdbupd as root user.
11. To update the DB, select the HEV version number 0. <SID> adm Enter the password of the user. Then enter the User Name: SYSTEM and Password in the Database user.
12. It shows the process of updating to HANA 2.0 SPS01.
13. HANA DB update completed normally.
14. You can see that DB Version has been changed to 2.00.010 => 2.00.020.
15. How to update HANA Client. Extract the downloaded file in the same way as DB Server.
16. When you uncompress, the SAP_HANA_CLIENT folder is created. Now run hdbinst as root user.
>su – root
/hana/shared/<SID>/Enter the hdbclient path.
17. You can confirm that HANA Client is installed normally.