I will explain how to backup and restore HANA Database.
HANA DB backup and recovery method is very simple to perform backup and recovery with HANA Studio.
- Let’s start with the concept of backup and recovery.
It is a good idea to understand the concept of HANA-only backups and perform backup and recovery operations.
HANA is a Memory Database, but it keeps data in the disk area. The reason for doing this is that the data in the memory is volatile data, and the data in the memory disappears when the power is cut off. To prevent this, keep the data in the disk area.
2.In the DATA area, there is one data for each service. So Data exists in Name Server and Index Server respectively. There is one log for each server in the same way.
3.As a tool to use when performing backup, HANA Studio, SQL command, HANA Cockpit is used for backup. The figure below shows how to perform a backup to Filesystem.
Typically, backups are performed using the most popular NetBackup, NetWorker, and Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- I will explain three options when performing HANA DB backup.
- Full Data Backup is a backup that is performed on all databases as the primary backup.
- Incremental Backup will only back up data that has changed since the last backup. In other words, if you perform Incremental backup on Monday, Incremental backup will only back up the changed data after Monday’s backup. Incremental backup on Wednesday will only perform backup on Wed, only data changed after Tuesday backup.
- Differential Backup performs backup of all changed data after the last full backup, that is, if you receive a full backup on Sunday, if you receive differential backup on Wednesday, Differential Backup will receive all the changed data on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- How to back up SAP HANA DB can be easily backed up through HANA Studio.
On Suse Linux, go to the location where HANA Studio is installed and run hdbstudio.
7.Connect HANA DB to HANA Studio with Add System.
8.In Host Name, enter HAHA DB Hostname and Instance Number: 00.
Select Multiple Containers and select System database.
- In Authentication by database user, enter User Name: SYSTEM and Password.
10.Confirm the Port number of hevahana: 30015 in Connection Information and click Finish.
11. When connected to HANA DB, click Backup on the left to set Backup Configuration.
12.File-Based Data Backup Setting in the Backup Configuration setting screen.
13.Select HANA DB, then click on Backup and Recovery -> Back Up System Database.
14.You can check the progress of Backup. And backup is all done.
15.Now let me explain how to recover. I’ll show you how to recover, as well as backup, and explain how to recover specifically.Recovering is performed by performing the backup, and recovery is performed by distinguishing whether the type of backup is Full backup, Incremental backup or Differential backup.The figure below shows the backup required for recovery of various kinds of backups, such as Full backup at the time of Now (Now).
16.It describes the steps performed in HANA DB when HANA DB is recovered.
First, perform Data Recovery, apply Log, and restart HANA DB automatically.
17.The following figure shows Recovery using HANA Studio when using Recovery.
18.Recovery. In the same way as for backup, select Backup and Recovery -> Recover System Database.
19.When performing Recovery, HANA DB must be shut down. So I get a screen asking if I want to shutdown.
20.The recovery type selection screen will appear.
Here are three options to choose from.
- Recover the database to its most recent state : This is to perform a recovery with the most recent backup.
- Recover the database to the following point in time : This is to recover at a certain time. In other words, if you select the start you want to recover, the recovery will proceed to that time.
- Recover the database to a specific data backup : If there are multiple backups, you can restore them with the desired backup data.
- When performing Recovery, check the backed up data as an option to perform recovery using Backup catalog and proceed with recovery.
22.Using the Backup catalog information, select the backup file you want to recover from the Backup list to perform recovery.
23.Check out the review information for the entire process of Recovery.
24.Recovery screen appears and the recovery operation is performed.
25.Recovery jobs are completed and Recovery of HANA DB include each Name Server and Index Server are normally completed. HANA DB is automatically started/